Getting online price quotes via command line fails

Daniel Rosenberg dnlrsnbrg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 12:56:05 EDT 2016

Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> schrieb am Mi., 7. Sep. 2016 um 18:48 Uhr:

> On 7 September 2016 at 16:41, Daniel Rosenberg <dnlrsnbrg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > First of all thank you very much for your help. Your comments pointed me
> in
> > the right direction.
> > After a lot of searching and trial and error I finally found a working
> > solution:
> >
> > Starting cmd as administrator is NOT needed, it will still work.
> > Just go to the folder where your data file is, e.g. C:\Users\...\Gnucash
> > Data and run this:
> > "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\gnucash\bin\gnucash" --add-price-quotes
> myfile.gnucash
>
> Does that give a different result to running (after going to the data
> folder)
>
> gnucash --add-price-quotes myfile.gnucash
>
> I thought it was the C on the front of the path to myfile.gnucash that
> was causing the problem

I can't execute gnucash --add-price-quotes myfile.gnucash from the data
file folder because gnucash.exe is not in that folder. That's why I have to
put the whole path in. At first I was trying to execute it from the
gnucash\bin folder (where the exe is located) but wasn't able to because of
the before mentioned error with "C". So I switched to call the exe from the
data file folder. That works fine now.

Daniel