Troubleshooting Section?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Sep 11 10:46:04 EDT 2016

> On Sep 10, 2016, at 10:49 PM, David T. via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> Being a long time user of GnuCash and subscriber to this list, I have experienced firsthand and seen others struggle to get various aspects of GnuCash working or fixed. Many times, the solution is found by searching the list history, or by consulting the Wiki. This is not something that is apparent to many new users of the software.
>
> I wonder whether it would be useful or productive to create a separate Troubleshooting section in the Tutorial and Concepts Guide, with chapters covering broad areas of the software, that address some of the more common issues that come up.
>
> Thoughts?

I'd think that that would work better on the wiki than in the static documentation; in fact the FAQ page has a lot of troubleshooting info already.

For the documentation I'd go with a short "getting help" section pointing to the wiki and especially the FAQ and suggesting subscribing to the mailing list. It could mention IRC too, but that seems a bit arcane for most users.

Regards,
John Ralls