Computer illiterate needs help migrating

Emily Wilson emily_howe_wilson at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 22:24:53 EDT 2016

A year ago someone else migrated Gnucash for me from Windows to an old Macbook.  Now I have a newer Macbook.  I did the standard Mac to Mac migration and everything is fine except Gnucash.

When I open the program it shows a blank Accounts tab and no others.  How do I populate the Accounts tab?

I have copied over all the files I can find, including preferences (plist). But where are my accounts?  And how do I tell where Gnucash is looking for files?

I like the program — I just don’t understand the file structure at all. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Emily Wilson
emily_howe_wilson at yahoo.com