CSV import question

David Solet dsolet at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 13:31:10 EDT 2016

As a small non-profit, we are working with an internet business to process
our credit card transactions. With this processor, you can export activity
from your account in csv or iif format. Since Gnucash doesn't recognize iif
format, I was able to import the csv transactions file. Each transaction in
the csv file has a field for the payment and the processing fee. When I
defined the payment as Deposit and the fee as Withdrawal, Gnucash
automatically subtracted the fee from the payment for the Total Deposit in
each transaction. However, I need to keep track of the payment and fee
amounts separately and charge them to different accounts. When we were
using another credit card processor that let you export in QIF, I was able
to import that detail for each transaction. I realize I can do two imports,
one with the payment and the other with the fee, but was hoping to keep
both charges associated with one transaction. Is there any way I can get
gnucash to do that with a csv import? Thanks for any advice.
David