Problem reconciling my account

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 24 02:14:04 EDT 2016

Ruth,

A couple of points: You say that you finished the reconciliation; were you able in fact to click the “Finish” button? If so, what steps did you take to activate this button? I ask because the reconciliation process does not activate the finish button until the difference is 0, so if you were able to finish the process, then you must have done something to eliminate the difference.

Next, you say you tried changing “it”—to what “it” are you referring? The Starting Balance? The Ending Balance? If the latter, John notes that this field is fully open for editing. If it is the former, I am wondering whether you finished the reconciliation by creating a balancing transaction (either manually, or by clicking the Balance button in the reconcile window), and now are having trouble rolling back from that?

David