Expense Bar Chart Report Errors

Fross, Michael michael at fross.org
Tue Sep 27 15:38:47 EDT 2016

Hello all,

Fairly new to GNUCash (and really enjoying it) but I'm getting an error
running a report and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot.

Within the "Income & Expense \ Expense Bar Chart" report, if I choose a top
level expense account, everything works.  If I choose a sub-account, I
receive "An error occurred while running the report."

Example:

Open the Expense Bar Chart report then:

Select:
  Expenses:Entertainment

  Result:  Everything works fine

Select:
  Expenses:Entertainment:Movies

  Result:  Receive Error

I'm looking to see, over time, how much I spend month by month in one
account.

I'm not sure where to find the log or how to best troubleshoot this.  I
assume this is known as it seems like a common task, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Michael