2.6 Upgrade

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Sep 28 12:59:39 EDT 2016

> On Sep 28, 2016, at 8:11 AM, elvis <elvis at dogonfire.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Just upgraded to the 2.6 series and looks good, lots of little improvements I have noticed already.
>
> I ran into this issue,
>
> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2013-November/036376.html
>
> Just wondering if this still applied, I was going to raise a bug in Gentoo if so.
>
> Great work to the devs!

It's still true that if the compiler finds old libraries on the link path the compile will fail. The usual way to fix that is to uninstall the old version, but if you install to a prefix that's not on the default ldd path then you can hide the old libraries so that the compiler can't see them.

Regards,
John Ralls