Balance sheet report for multiple accounts

Sébastien de Menten sdementen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:36:04 EDT 2016

If you are adventurous, you could try to
a) create the accounts for each entity at root level and as type equity (or
any other type),
b) save the file in uncompressed xml format and close it
c) open the xml file in a text editor , change the type of these accounts
from EQUITY to ROOT and save the file
d) open the xml file in gnucash and create the accounts for each entity.
You should be able to create accounts of any type.

All untested, USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK kind of hack, but it worked/works if
my memory is good...