Is there any limit on what I can put in the Customer notes field?

david.carlson.417@gmail.com david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 22:57:05 EDT 2016

    This looks like a good place to bring up a reminder that GnuCash has no inherent security and any data in a GnuCash data file is only as secure as the computer it is stored on.
Everyone, are you comfortable with the amount of security that you have provided for your (and possibly your customers) data?
David C
Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet

------ Original message------From: David GoodenoughDate: Wed, Sep 28, 2016 3:12 PMTo: gnucash-user at gnucash.org;Subject:Is there any limit on what I can put in the Customer notes field?
I need to stash some additional information in the GnuCash dataset (typicallyI am using XML for the moment) for each customer.  I suppose I could keep itentirely separate and key it off the UUID for each customer (which I take to be stable) but I would rather keep it with each Customer if I can.  The notes field is an obvious choice, but I do not want to cause problems either by putting too much data in there, or if there is content that will cause problems.  I realize that through the GnuCash program I can edit the data, but that is not my intent and I am the user so I will resist the temptation.  I would want to update it through the API.David_______________________________________________gnucash-user mailing listgnucash-user at gnucash.orghttps://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user-----Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.