Register Colors Changing

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Sep 29 03:31:25 EDT 2016

> On Sep 28, 2016, at 8:08 PM, Игорь Обоймов via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> As I read in GnuCash FAQ (Q. 2.2.2) to change Accounts Register Window I
> need change settings in file gtkrc-2.0.gnucash (sections:
>
> "# The color of the first line/transaction in a register" and "The color of
> the second line/transaction in a register". And then to put this file to
> directory C:\Users\<User Name>\.
>
> Preferences>General>Don't use GnuCash built-in colors is selected.
>
> But line colors hasn't changed:
>

> What is my mistake?

Igor,

You can't inline attachments; if you try the list server eats them.
What you need to do is copy those two sections (not just the comments) from https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/master/doc/gtkrc-2.0.gnucash#L138
and then change the color codes. You'll have to restart GnuCash after making the change, the rc files are read at start-up.

The file name is 'C:\Users\<User Name>\.gtkrc-2.0.gnucash'. Note the dot at the beginning of the file name, which makes it a hidden file on unix-like systems. Even though the hiding doesn't work on M$Win, the dot still needs to be there.

Regards,
John Ralls