Cryptocurrencies

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 4 10:49:55 EDT 2017

Hi,

For Bitcoin we suggest:

1) Use a Stock/Mutual type account with a BTC type
2) Use mBTC  (milli-BTC, or 1/1000th BTC) to get within GnuCash's
   sig-digits limits.  I.e., you'd enter in 1.000 for 0.00100000BTC

If you wish you could use the XXX currency.

GnuCash currencies are all from ISO-4217 and are not user-editable.
They are compiled in, but because it's open-source you can of course
compile in your own ;)

Even though GnuCash is working to expand the sig-digits issue, don't
expect this to change w.r.t. which currencies are built-in.

-derek