Compiling Gnucash 2.6.16 on Linux Mint 18.1

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 5 01:20:36 EDT 2017

Hi Geert,

I solved my problem with not being able to use apt-get  buid-dep gnucash. I
had not enabled the Source code repositories in the Linux Mint Software
Manager. Once I had done that it worked very well. Chances are if I also
apply that to the GTK2 package and recompile it will fix the popup message
on that as well.

I used the gtk2 package from the distro on my desktop and then compiled
Gnucash without any problems. I tend to experiment a bit on my laptop and
keep the desktop as a stable machine. I am also interested in getting a bit
involved in the development.

David