Compiling Gnucash 2.6.16 on Linux Mint 18.1

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 5 06:00:57 EDT 2017

Thanks Plutocrat,

I think part of the problem I was having was that the getdeb repository had
been disabled in the additional repositories section of the software manager
and the source code repositories were also not enabled. With those enabled,
it was no problem to get more recent binary packages and also the source
packages for compilation.

I suspect they were turned off when I tried the upgrade from 17.3 to 18 and
then 18.1 (rather than a new install of 18.1 which I had done on another
machine). The upgrade procedure deleted a lot of my additional repositories
(it did warn me and created a list) and I had to reinstall then. It possibly
also changed settings in the Software Manager at the same time so that the
correct packages for the update were retrieved.

I also want to get invovled a bit more in development so I wanted to compile
gnucash from the sources. I am exploring the sources at the moment to try
and understand how gnucash works before finding a problem to work on. One of
the problems with object oriented code is that the flow is not necessarily
obvious from the source code.

David