gnc-fq-dump with Canadian Mutual Funds

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Apr 6 09:43:15 EDT 2017

> On Apr 5, 2017, at 5:12 PM, Alexnu55 <alex.r.naylor at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to use gnucash's online quote functionality, but I can't find a
> source that works properly. I used BMO NebittBurns,CA as recommended  here
> <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Canadian-Stock-amp-Mutual-Fund-Quotes-Not-Working-td4658558.html>
> , but it still isn't working. Here's my output with gnc-fq-dump:
>
> *C:\[bin_path]>perl gnc-fq-dump bmonesbittburns BNS342,MF
> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
>    symbol: BNS342,MF (deduced)  <=== required
>      date: ** missing **        <=== recommended
>  currency: ** missing **        <=== required
>      last:                      <=\
>       nav:                      <=== one of these
>     price:                      <=/
>  timezone:                      <=== optional
>
> ** This stock quote cannot be used by GnuCash!*
>
> The website can be found here also:
> https://www.bmo.com/nesbittburns/about-us/market-quotes-research/get-quote
> <https://www.bmo.com/nesbittburns/about-us/market-quotes-research/get-quote>
>
> Any thoughts?

They've (BMO) probably updated the layout of their webpage. Most Finance::Quote modules are screen-scrapers and need to be tweaked whenever the source changes things around. Your best bet is to file a bug at http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Status=Active&Name=Finance-Quote <http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Status=Active&Name=Finance-Quote>.

Regards,
John Ralls