Locking Tabs

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Fri Apr 7 12:19:55 EDT 2017

Hi All,
  My wife and I use GnuCash to manage the books for our small editing business. Overall it works pretty well, but we do run into some annoyances. Today she once again accidentally clicked the X to close one of the tabs I have set up for her to do the books. Of course, I can get the tab back, but it's not easy because she certainly does not know where to find it and I don't use it often enough to remember. So, I have to spend a few minutes looking through the reports to find the one we want. It would be really nice if I could somehow lock some of the tabs so it cannot be closed without some extra step. That way, she would get a warning when she accidentally clicks that little button and get a chance to reverse her error. At this point, I would be happy with just a warning on all closing any tab, but the best would be a flag we could set for each tab. That way, closing the tabs that should come and go regularly would be easy and closing the tabs that should stick around would be difficult.

  Is there any such feature?

Best,
John