Difference btw Bal sh & P&L

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Tue Apr 11 17:05:04 EDT 2017

On 4/11/2017 6:01 AM, Alain Dormoy wrote:
> Hi.
> My P&L show a 4.04€ loss but my balance sheet shows:
> Retained earnings 2569.68€
> Unrealized losses  7.75€.
> I wonder whether this is a bug.
> (I haven't "closed the book" for that year yet)
> TIA for any help.
> Alain
> --
> Envoyé depuis l'application myMail pour Android
  Insufficient information.

The net gain or loss on a P&L is for the time period specified (this is
a report for SOME interval of time)
The retained earnings or losses on the Balance Sheet is from the last
time a "close the books" was run.

Those time intervals not necessarily the same. Are they (the same) in
your case? If not, you have no reason to expect those to be the same.

Michael D Novack