Gnu Cash

fgreg74 fgreg74 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 20:07:57 EDT 2017

However,David, when reconciling bank statements, Quicken will print outstanding deposits and withdrawals. I still never could figure out how to do that in GNUcash. Regardless, I use GNUcash because it is better
Greg

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> Date: 4/14/17  3:24 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: Alex Aycinena <alex.aycinena at gmail.com> Cc: Brian Joannidi <brianjudy.joannidi at gmail.com>, gnucash-user at gnucash.org Subject: Re: Gnu Cash
Brian Joannidi,

If you have joined the GnuCash user maillist, welcome.

Many people have migrated successfully from that Q program to GnuCash,
myself included.  I will warn you that it can be a somewhat painful
migration as Quicken allows sloppy record keeping that may not import well
into GnuCash, which requires strict double entry bookkeeping for all
non-zero value transactions.

Those who have come over generally agree that GnuCash is better.

I recommend trying a test case by importing a few key accounts via QIF
exports from Quicken and running it in parallel for a while as you get
familiar with GnuCash and develop a plan to migrate over.

Good luck.

David C