Gnu Cash

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Sat Apr 15 08:34:00 EDT 2017

On 4/14/2017 8:07 PM, fgreg74 wrote:
> However,David, when reconciling bank statements, Quicken will print outstanding deposits and withdrawals. I still never could figure out how to do that in GNUcash. Regardless, I use GNUcash because it is better
> Greg

People with a lot of outstanding items to reconcile by hand (the old
fashioned way) might find this  a nuisance.

However I will point out that there is a downside to "easy" (fully
automated) reconciliation. When I have to write down each outstanding
check (say enter into a spreadsheet if you have a lot of outstanding
items) you have to LOOK at them. That means you get to notice "gee, why
is THAT check still outstanding?" (better contact recipient -- it could
be lost) or "that one has been outstanding so long that it is no longer
valid".

Michael D Novack