Retirement acct withdrawal accounting

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 10:48:52 EDT 2017

I am not an accountant, so this may not pass accounting standards.

I have five accounts 1 Asset:IRA, 2 Expense:Taxable Distribution from IRA,
3 Income:Taxable from IRA, 4 Asset:Bank. and 5 Expense:Income Tax.

The 'real' part is transfer from the IRA to the bank and Income tax, and
then I add an Expense:Taxable Distribution and Income:Taxable from IRA to
the transaction.  I have set the Income account to be taxable reported on
form 1099-R in the tax report.  The Expense:Taxable Distribution from IRA
is just a bucket to offset the taxable income.

David C