Customising the accounts hierarchy when beginning

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Apr 18 08:23:22 EDT 2017

> On 18 Apr 2017, at 13:08, Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:
>
> If you still need to add an opening balance to an account, then I suggest you
> create a new account first, and use its opening balance transaction as a
> template to copy into your existing accounts.

Many thanks for your reply, Maf.

I had figured out the creation, renaming and re-parenting of accounts. Sorry if I was unclear about that.

I just overlooked the Opening Balance tab.

Is there any chance you could expand on the part that I've quoted above?

I see that I can create a new account with a balance of £123.45 on 1/4/2017 - what do you mean about using a template to copy into existing accounts, please?

Stroller.

PS: I prefer replies just to the list, if that's convenient for you.