Customising the accounts hierarchy when beginning

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Tue Apr 18 08:44:00 EDT 2017

PS ---- You MIGHT be creating a set of books for an entity that starts
out with zero equity. That might seem strange so I will give an example
later. In that case your opening balance transaction(s) would likely
affect just asset and liability.

Example: My solar system. I want to know how this is working AS IF AN
OUTSIDE INVESTMENT. In other words, pretending that it was LOANED the
capital to pay for the system. Then had income items like the amount
credited to production (off my personal electric bill), sale of SRECs,
and tax credits but expense items like "percentage of insurance
attributed", estimated income tax on sale of SRECs, depreciation of
system, interest payments (at the assumed rate -- and BTW, that's tax
free income as this is a simulation, not a real outside investment).
Since no real bank account, the current asset is "unallocated cash" and
from here, whatever left over from expenses can be used to pay back loan
principle.

       Of course as time goes by, the equity will build up if the system
produces more income than expenses.

Michael D Novack