100% discount

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 10:06:56 EDT 2017

Norm,

I just tested this. It might depend on how you apply the discount.

I entered line items on a new invoice, and marked them each with a 100% discount.

I then posted the invoice. It showed in the search for invoices as paid. (the paid checkbox was checked)

It did not show up in the Apply Payment window as available to be paid, so I would assume it was finally taken care of.

Perhaps if your discount was entered as a separate line with a negative amount, it might not work.

You could try un-posting and then editing the invoice to change how the discount is applied, or as an alternative, issue a credit note for the full amount of the invoice. Then pay the invoice with the credit note as an offset. The credit note option might allow you to track such discounts better since I don’t think the discount amount from an invoice is exposed for reporting anywhere. Instead of using the regular same income account for the credit note, you could use a contra-account under it for tracking discounts. Your Income Statement would still report in that category how much business you did, but it would have an offsetting sub-account that can report the discounts you offered.

Regards,

Adrien