Serious Investment management in GC ?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 15:59:31 EDT 2017

Andrew,

Like David T I have several investment accounts going back many years.  I
also enter all transactions manually because none of the brokerage houses
that I use have OFX or other download files available.  Soon I may try CSV
since that import facility has been improved in GnuCash, but I expect that
I will still enter most transactions manually to get the data structure
'correct'.

As David also mentioned, capital gains are a pain, and getting unrealized
gains to be correct after partial position sales is far from trivial, but I
manage.  I use a spreadsheet to do some calculations that the broker does
not do.

If you are a day trader, you probably want software designed for that
purpose.

David C