Discover drops support for OFX

david.carlson.417@gmail.com david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 19:32:42 EDT 2017

    Jim,
It appears that you are referring to OFXDirect Connect direct downloads rather than OFXformat Down loads through the Discover web page.
That is a different animal using code that GnuCash does not support directly as they are licensed to include it in their distributions.
I am on my tablet which does not run GnuCash so I cannot elaborate right now
David C

Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet

------ Original message------From: Jim DeLaHuntDate: Wed, Apr 19, 2017 5:41 PMTo: gnucash-user at gnucash.org;Subject:Re: Discover drops support for OFX
Update: the log of GnuCash's OFX transaction did not shed light on the issue.  I was unable to download transactions even with a hand-crafted HTTP request that matched what the forum posts said worked for them. However, I was hand-crafting HTTP, not HTTPS, and it's conceivable that Discover returns an HTTP 403 status (Not Authorized) for any request that isn't HTTPS.I think it's time to treat this at the developer level, not the user level. I opened a bug report to track the problem: . Please follow if you are interested.Best regards,        --Jim DeLaHuntOn 2017-04-18 23:53, Jim DeLaHunt wrote:>> Mark:>> On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 14:20:34 -0800, Mark Robinson  > wrote:>> So I got this email from Discover today.>> "Thank you for your inquiry regarding issue you are experiencing when>> downloading. I wish to express my sincere apologies for any>> inconvenience you may have experienced with your Discover account. I>> am happy to assist you today!>>>> I can tell you that Discover no longer supports OFX downloads, some>> money management programs may need to update their system to be able>> to continue downloading the transactions. This includes direct>> download from within a program and downloads from the website. Please>> contact your software?s support to see if they have a QFX download>> option.>>>> I appreciate your business and the opportunity to be of service. Thank>> you for choosing to use Discover Card. ">>>> Ugh.>> I too have a Discover credit card . I was > able to download transactions on 4. December 2016, but I can't now. > Today, I called Discover card customer support, who transferred me to > web support. The person there told me that Discover card has > definitely not stopped support for OFX transaction delivery, and that > it's still supposed to work for current Quicken. He also lacked any > access to technical documentation to explain what variety of OFX > interaction Discover supports.>> So, maybe there is hope.>> I'm chasing down some forum discussions which say that other > bookkeeping programs have made OFX with Discover work, but it requires > a very particular set of HTTP headers in a very particular order.>>   * >   * >   * >> The GnuCash wiki has instructions on making a log of GnuCash's OFX > transaction > . > I'm going to try that next, and see if I can see anything interesting.>> -- >      --Jim DeLaHunt,jdlh at jdlh.com      http://blog.jdlh.com/  (http://jdlh.com/)>        multilingual websites consultant>>        355-1027 Davie St, Vancouver BC V6E 4L2, Canada>           Canada mobile +1-604-376-8953--      --Jim DeLaHunt, jdlh at jdlh.com     http://blog.jdlh.com/ (http://jdlh.com/)       multilingual websites consultant       355-1027 Davie St, Vancouver BC V6E 4L2, Canada          Canada mobile +1-604-376-8953_______________________________________________gnucash-user mailing listgnucash-user at gnucash.orghttps://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user-----Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.