CSV Import

GT-I9070 H gti9070h at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 18:28:08 EDT 2017

I made an import of a 304KB csv file exported by GnuCash and these are my
first remarks:

* Sometimes the importer/GnuCash either froze or was long parsing (eg. When
to change the header), in doubt I killed the process and started again. A
progress bar would be welcome!

* In the csv reconciled column I have the letters "n", "a" and "p" and only
"n" was understood, I had to ignore this column in order not to lose
transactions.

* There are doubts about whether to select the "account" column header for
csv's  "Account Name" or "Account Full Name".

* After import, some values had decimal changes and a new line with the
blank comment came up, possibly to balance the transaction.
I do not think this was generated by the importer.
When we register a multi-currency transaction with a single rate and with
splits, GnuCash record rates with small differences for each split and when
we export a csv these different rates are exported and reflect in the
values (not in the default currency) when imported.

Suggestion:
It would be nice if we could edit the csv on the importer to make minor
corrections!

>From my point of view, the importer sometimes showed to be cumbersome
(possibly parsing), but it works well!

This was my first test, I'll do others.