GNUCash value proposition

Steve Cohen stevecoh2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 14:37:05 EDT 2017

This sounds like the way to go if I don't stay with Quicken.  I do like
the autodownload, but manual download isn't that much harder.  I've
already stopped using many Quicken features including bill payment (just
as easy to do it online, either through the bank or with the vendors),
import to TurboTax (just as easy to enter it in TurboTax).  Paycheck
setup is kind of nice but I'll be retired in less than a year.

Autodownload is a nice feature but I think the banks realized they could
charge for it, which may have something to do with why Intuit wants to
sell (or has sold) Quicken.  If they don't cooperate, this can't work.
It's like printer drivers for Linux - a mixed bag at best.

Hey is there a TurboTax equivalent for Linux?  I suppose Web-Turbotax
could work.