Reply at the top or reply at the bottom?

GWB gwb at 2realms.com
Mon Apr 24 21:54:05 EDT 2017

I don't expect others to change their email setup based on one user
list or other input, but I echo the points that top to bottom
chronology, plain text with no signature are easy to follow.  As for
the distinction between gmail as a service and a client, I agree with
Buddha Buck and Adrien.  I can say that gmail as a service works well
with clients like Apple Mail, Thunderbird and Claws (Thunderbird is
how I archive older emails into local files on the computer).  But I
don't have much of an opinion on web based clients.  They don't do as
much or as well as the three mentioned above, but they work well
enough for most things.

One more question: I have just been sending mail to the list, and I
don't usually reply to one or more users specifically, unless there is
something pressing with which I might be able to help.  What is the
etiquette here?  I assume just sending to the list (and not to
individual repliers or the original poster) is OK.

Gordon