How to fix a 50 cent bank error

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Apr 25 03:24:51 EDT 2017

On Tuesday, 25 April 2017 07:48:44 BST Anita Graves wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a 50 cent error in my cash account.  It happened because the bank
> gave me credit for an extra 50 cents in a deposit I made.  The bank is not
> interested in fixing this error because it is old, and at the same time I
> do not want to carry it forward as cash on hand.  I am preparing to close
> the books for the fiscal year.
>
> Can I open a new account under the checking account ‘bank error’ and put it
> there?
>
> What else could I do?

Hi Anita,

I would suggest that the account you need to create is Income:BankError, since
the extra money is presumably already showing in the bank account, and you
need a transfer account for it?

I might use Income:OtherINcome as a transfer account (with plenty of notes in
the transaction), to avoid creating a (probably) single-use account in the
tree.

HTH,
Maf.