Stock quote can't be updated

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Fri Apr 28 05:07:13 EDT 2017

> Message: 12
> Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 19:47:03 -0700
> From: John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us>
> To: "Frank H. Ellenberger" <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com>
> Cc: Gnucash <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>, Erik Colson <eco at ecocode.net>
> Subject: Re: Stock quote can't be updated
>

> > On Apr 27, 2017, at 3:40 PM, Frank H. Ellenberger
> <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi John,
> >
> > Am 27.04.2017 um 23:52 schrieb John Bonnett:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I am also suddenly having a problem retrieving quotes from ASX
> >> (Australian Stock Exchange). I tried making sure I had the latest
> >> Perl but still no luck. It was all working fine until a few days ago,
> >> about
> >> 21 April
> >>
> >> Most of my stocks are on ASX but I have one on NASDAQ that continues
> >> to work OK. All the ASX ones now say they cannot retrieve. Something
> >> changed at ASX?
> >>
> >> I tried running gnc-fq-dump on one stock as follows:
> >>
> >> C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin>perl gnc-fq-dump asx AFI
> >> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
> >>    symbol: AFI (deduced)        <=== required
> >>      date: ** missing **        <=== recommended
> >>  currency: ** missing **        <=== required
> >>      last:                      <=\
> >>       nav:                      <=== one of these
> >>     price:                      <=/
> >>  timezone:                      <=== optional
> >>
> >> ** This stock quote cannot be used by GnuCash!
> >
> > If you run it with the verbose flag
> > gnc-fq-dump -v asx afi
> > you get additional:
> >
> > All fields returned by Finance::Quote for stock afi
> >
> > stock field value
> > ----- ----- -----
> > afi errormsg: Failed to parse HTML table.
> > afi last: **missing**
> > afi nav: **missing**
> > afi price: **missing**
> > afi success: 0
> >
> > while
> >
> http://www.asx.com.au/asx/markets/equityPrices.do?by=asxCodes&asxCod
> es
> > =AFI
> >
> <http://www.asx.com.au/asx/markets/equityPrices.do?by=asxCodes&asxCo
> de
> > s=AFI> returns some data. So it seems, they modified the layout of the
> > page.
> >
> >> I am on Windows 10.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions?
> >
> > Perhaps Chris can ghelp you.
>
> That's more a problem for Erik, so I've added him to the cc in case he
isn't
> watching gnucash-user ATM.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

I suspect the ASX web format has indeed changed, although the data
GnuCash needs IS returned.

I suggest changing the Type of quote source to 'Single', 'Yahoo Australia'
(yahoo_australia in gnc-fq-dump) in the GnuCash Security Editor until
the problem with the ASX can be resolved.

I'll try to fix it when I can but this may be several months as I'm very
pressed for
time at the moment.

Worryingly, Erik seems to be missing in action since at least Aug 21 2016.
He hasn't done a release or responded to an issue I raised on github.
I hope he is still supporting Finance Quote...

Regards, Chris Good