Methods to Track Gift Cards and Similar Items

Paul W. pfwoolverton at juno.com
Wed Aug 2 21:45:56 EDT 2017

Thanks to all for your guidance, "other hands" methods, and comments.  I see that I should use asset accounts as the primary type account to tract these stored-value items. I am a novice at double-entry accounting.  I have been using GnuCash for several months to track some of my personal financial transactions and  to keep a record of transactions imported from financial institutions.  I am also importing accounts with years of transactions from MS Money 3.0 (1994). I appreciate your guidance, I am certain I will need more. Paul