Gnucash connect to remote 1and1 database server

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 06:27:02 EDT 2017

Having been a 1and1 customer before, I can't imagine how you would set it up to work with Gnucash directly. Especially if you aren't familiar with the command line. I admit that my account with them was a basic one, so it may be that your account has better features. But still...

If you want to store your data in the cloud, it is much more manageable by using Dropbox, which uses a local folder to mirror your cloud files. This gives you the benefit of a local file system but with cloud features as well.

I would also suggest you reconsider your choice to use the database back end, given your statement about the command line. It does take more technical savvy to use, and doesn't gain much benefit at this time.

David