Start-date in Estimate-budget-value dialog

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 09:28:29 EDT 2017

While my understanding of the budget features lacks depth, I do believe that the estimating features average the transactions in the time frame you choose, so the start date should reflect the time period for which you want estimates derived. If your expenses have been stable for a long time, you could use the whole data set; if they have changed radically for some reason,you might wish to limit the averaging period to a smaller set.

David