Scheduled transactions for part year

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Aug 9 07:28:31 EDT 2017

On Wednesday, 9 August 2017 11:27:39 BST Colin Law wrote:
> On 8 August 2017 at 21:21, IanM <ian at kipublishing.com> wrote:
> > New to gnucash so finding it a bit difficult to get my head round details
> > Council tax (UK property tax) is paid by 10 regular monthly payments each
> > year (i.e. 2 months with no payment).  Can this be done with scheduled
> > transactions and if so how - or would it be simpler to reset it each year?
>
> I set it monthly, and put annual reminders in my calendar to delete
> the transactions after they have gone in. I have not found a better
> way, though that does not mean that there is not a better way.
>
> Colin

Hi Ian,

I also let the SX for council tax run forever, and just "remember" that the
feb & march transactions are to be deleted once they have been created, then
edit the template transaction each year when the new bill is issued.

I'm fairly sure, though, that you can set up a SX to be created say 10 times
only - in the SX editor, try the "Occurrences" section in the "Overview" tab
for that particular SX.

HTH,
Maf.
.