backupgnucash jar file

Elmar etschme at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 11:59:33 EDT 2017

After many adventures, and a full reinstallation of linux mint (this
time 64 bit, version 18.2), I am back at this impasse.  I put the jar
file into the correctly named folder, but when I try to execute

java -jar /home/ets/BackupGnuCash/BackupGnuCash.jar &

I get

  Error: Could not find or load main class backupgnucash.BackupGnuCash

Obviously I am missing something fundamental, despite reading the
readme.md which says:

### GNU/Linux ###
   To run the project from the command line, type the following
```
     java -jar "[PathTo]/BackupGnuCash.jar" &
```
E.g.
```
     java -jar /home/[USER_NAME]/BackupGnuCash/BackupGnuCash.jar &

Help?

- Elmar