Error in Finance:Quote

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Fri Aug 11 22:00:08 EDT 2017

> Message: 12
> Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 17:32:59 -0700 (PDT)
> From: rs <sarwalr at gmail.com>
> To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> Subject: Re: Error in Finance:Quote
>
> Thanks John and David.
> I could resolve this error by using correct script of NseIndia in Quote.pm
>
> But, still getting same error after using indiamutual (I tried multiple
quotes
> available at http://portal.amfiindia.com/spages/NAV1.txt)
> root at debian:/usr/share/perl5/Finance/Quote# gnc-fq-dump indiamutual
> 125112 =========================================
> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
>     symbol: 125112 (deduced)     <=== required
>       date: ** missing **        <=== recommended
>   currency: ** missing **        <=== required
> Use of uninitialized value $last in printf at /usr/bin/gnc-fq-dump line
120,
> 	<DATA> line 1 (#1)
>     (W uninitialized) An undefined value was used as if it were already
>     defined.  It was interpreted as a "" or a 0, but maybe it was a
mistake.
>     To suppress this warning assign a defined value to your variables.
>
>     To help you figure out what was undefined, perl will try to tell you
>     the name of the variable (if any) that was undefined.  In some cases
>     it cannot do this, so it also tells you what operation you used the
>     undefined value in.  Note, however, that perl optimizes your program
>     and the operation displayed in the warning may not necessarily appear
>     literally in your program.  For example, "that $foo" is usually
>     optimized into "that " . $foo, and the warning will refer to the
>     concatenation (.) operator, even though there is no . in
>     your program.
>
>       last:                      <=\
> Use of uninitialized value $nav in printf at /usr/bin/gnc-fq-dump line
121,
> 	<DATA> line 1 (#1)
>        nav:                      <=== one of these
> Use of uninitialized value $price in printf at /usr/bin/gnc-fq-dump line
122,
> 	<DATA> line 1 (#1)
>      price:                      <=/
>   timezone:                      <=== optional
>
> ** This stock quote cannot be used by GnuCash!
> lines 121 & 122 of /usr/bin/gnc-fq-dump are copied below:
>
>   printf "       nav: %-20s <=== one of these\n", $nav;
>   printf "     price: %-20s <=/        \n", 	  $price;
>
> Any advice would be gratefully acknowledged.
>
> rs

Hi rs,

It seems that NseIndia is not a standard module of Finance::Quote.
See the Finance::Quote github page [1].

Assuming you are not a perl programmer yourself, I suggest you contact
whoever wrote or provided NseIndia.pm and ask them to fix it.
Possibly they should hardcode the currency if that is not available on the
web page it uses. This is what ASX.pm does for Australian stocks. GnuCash
REQUIRES the currency.

[1]
https://github.com/finance-quote/finance-quote/tree/master/lib/Finance/Quote

Hope this helps,