Error in Finance:Quote

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 00:42:06 EDT 2017

Hello,

Am 12.08.2017 um 02:32 schrieb rs:
> Thanks John and David.
> I could resolve this error by using correct script of NseIndia in Quote.pm
>
> But, still getting same error after using indiamutual (I tried multiple
> quotes available at http://portal.amfiindia.com/spages/NAV1.txt)
> root at debian:/usr/share/perl5/Finance/Quote# gnc-fq-dump indiamutual 125112

It is dangerous to enter the internet as root!

> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
>     symbol: 125112 (deduced)     <=== required
>       date: ** missing **        <=== recommended
>   currency: ** missing **        <=== required
> Use of uninitialized value $last in printf at /usr/bin/gnc-fq-dump line 120,
> 	<DATA> line 1 (#1)
>     (W uninitialized) An undefined value was used as if it were already
>     defined.  It was interpreted as a "" or a 0, but maybe it was a mistake.
>     To suppress this warning assign a defined value to your variables.
>
>     To help you figure out what was undefined, perl will try to tell you
>     the name of the variable (if any) that was undefined.  In some cases
>     it cannot do this, so it also tells you what operation you used the
>     undefined value in.  Note, however, that perl optimizes your program
>     and the operation displayed in the warning may not necessarily appear
>     literally in your program.  For example, "that $foo" is usually
>     optimized into "that " . $foo, and the warning will refer to the
>     concatenation (.) operator, even though there is no . in
>     your program.
>
>       last:                      <=\
> Use of uninitialized value $nav in printf at /usr/bin/gnc-fq-dump line 121,
> 	<DATA> line 1 (#1)
>        nav:                      <=== one of these
> Use of uninitialized value $price in printf at /usr/bin/gnc-fq-dump line
> 122,
> 	<DATA> line 1 (#1)
>      price:                      <=/
>   timezone:                      <=== optional
>
> ** This stock quote cannot be used by GnuCash!
> lines 121 & 122 of /usr/bin/gnc-fq-dump are copied below:
>
>   printf "       nav: %-20s <=== one of these\n", $nav;
>   printf "     price: %-20s <=/        \n", 	  $price;
>
> Any advice would be gratefully acknowledged.
>
> rs

When I run with verbose flag, I get
gnc-fq-dump -v indiamutual 135765
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:

    symbol: 135765 (deduced)     <=== required

      date: ** missing **        <=== recommended

  currency: ** missing **        <=== required

      last:                      <=\

       nav:                      <=== one of these

     price:                      <=/

  timezone:                      <=== optional

** This stock quote cannot be used by GnuCash!

All fields returned by Finance::Quote for stock 135765

stock           field  value

-----           -----  -----

135765       errormsg: HTTP failure

135765           last: **missing**

135765            nav: **missing**

135765          price: **missing**

135765        success: 0

'errormsg: HTTP failure' indicates the module did not get, what it expected.

Try to open
http://portal.amfiindia.com/NAVReport.aspx?type=0
in your browser and see. That is the URL, which the module calls.
So they changed something at amfiindia. You should watch it, to see, if
the issue is temporary or permanent.

If it is permanent, you or another user will have to find the new URL to
fix the module-

Regards
Frank