Gnucash ver. 2.6.17 app installation for Mac OS ver. 10.12.6

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Aug 12 03:53:43 EDT 2017

> On Aug 11, 2017, at 9:18 PM, Robert Kuchta <kuchta at sapo.pt> wrote:
>
> I am new to Gnucash and I am having problems with the installation. I had no problem to download the app in my application folder, but I cannot keep it in the dock and it does not appear in the launchpad.  It stays in the dock as long as the computer is on, but when I switch it off in the evening it is gone. I have to go again to the application folder and reload the app. That always takes a long time. What can I do to keep the app in the dock and how do I get it into the launchpad? Can you help?

Sounds like you're on a Mac. There are two ways to get an app to stay in the dock: You can drag it there from Finder or while it's running you can control-click and select "Options>Keep in Dock".

If neither of those is working for you then there's something wrong with your mac. You should do the usual recovery tricks (restart, clear NVRAM, run DiskUtility's First Aid, etc.) and if it still fails schedule a visit to your nearest Genius Bar.

Regards,
John Ralls