debian stretch upgrade has made gnucash unworkable

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Sat Aug 12 07:08:49 EDT 2017

On 8/11/2017 2:37 PM, D via gnucash-user wrote:
> Johnny,
>
> I wish I could offer you some guidance, but I have none to offer, sorry.
>
> Maybe you should switch to Windows...  ;)
>
> (Said because whenever someone on Windows has a problem, someone always seems to suggest switching to Linux)

A perhaps more useful suggestion?

Always prepare in advance to back out changes.
        In other words, before any major software change (in this case
an update) which I will call a "build" you make a full back up, one of
"system" (software) and one of "data". You then do the build and test
that all of your critical software is still working with the new
"system". If not, you have an easy path to restore to the pre-build version.

Michael D Novack