Gnucash limitation from accountant perspective

seng senguttuvang at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 11:08:05 EDT 2017

Hi,

I recently let my business's bookkeeping done by Gnucash with the help of an
accountant. She is familiar with Tally (a famous accounting package used
herein India) and new to Gnucash. She feels several key/core functionality
are missing in Gnucash which are found in Tally. I'd like to know whether
they really got missed or she has trouble recognizing those features in
Gnucash.

1) When I tried to extract Profit and loss report for 1-4-2017 to 31- 03
2017, the end date automatically changes to 02/27/1899

2)Gnu cash mixes everything in a single page, which is not correct from
accounting point of view. Profit and Loss should be disclosed separately and
Balance sheet should be disclosed separately.

3) Profit and loss should show income and expenditure: Balance sheet show
assets and liabilites: Hence Gnu cash is lacking this point, as far as I'm
concerned

4) If we want to know the profit for any month, we may find it difficult to
arrive at