amortize loss on pre-incorporation expenses?

Mark Hedges mark.hedges at weirdvibe.com
Mon Aug 21 20:18:53 EDT 2017

Hi, so, thanks for an amazing accounting program.  I'm still learning
how to use it.

Over the past few years, I personally paid artists to produce comic book art.

I created an S-corporation to finish the work and publish.

An accountant recommended that I transfer the intellectual property,
tangible artwork, script copyrights etc. to the new corporation in
exchange for shares of stock equal to what I paid for it previously,
i.e. if I spent $5000, I will exchange for 5000 shares.

I will have very little personal or business income this year, so
claiming this as a loss on taxes this year will not be helpful.

The accountant said I can amortize the loss until future years and
claim it as an expense on a future year's tax return.

How do I account this in GnuCash?

Thanks.
Mark
--