Budget Slowing Down Windows 10

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 12:31:39 EDT 2017

I do not use budgets so I cannot comment on that part, but several other
reports run very slowly for me, meaning they sometimes take minutes to
update.  GnuCash pretty much single threads, even on very powerful
computers.  The developers know about that and they are working feverishly
on under-the-hood changes to fix that.  However, it will probably be
several months before a significantly faster version is released.  It does
seem like GnuCash runs noticeably faster on Linux computers, even on Linux
guests in Virtualbox on Windoze computers.

Also, another issue for me is when I use a computer that is linked through
Wi-Fi to the data file, that adds about 40 seconds to the file save time.

So, does slow mean several minutes to you?

David C