Chart of Accounts cannot be uploaded to Android

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Mon Aug 28 08:56:12 EDT 2017

Hi Colin and John_Mike,

"Gnucash has no relationship with Nabble".  This is not quite correct. As
well as replying to the mailing list emails from gnucash direct to your
email, the posts by email are also displayed in a Nabble version of the
Forum at http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-User-f1415819.html.
You can both post messages and reply to messages using this interface to the
forum as well as the email mailing list response.

The CoA can be exported from the desktop GnuCash as a xml file using the
'File->Export->Export Account Tree' menu entry ( not the "as csv" option ).
I saved it in my Downloads folder on my PC(Linux Mint), connected my S7Edge
to the PC with a USB cable, entered Alloow in the popup on the phone
requesting USB access. This opens up a file explorer window on the PC
showing the phones folders. I selected the SD card and the Downloads Folder
on the S&Edge and then cut the exported gnucashCoa.gnucash xml file from the
Downloads folder on my PC and pasted it into the Downloads folder for the
S7Edge which had opened on the PC.

I don't know if the procedure is the same for Windows but I guess it will be
very similar if not the same apart from file locations and perhaps slight
differences due to the OS.

In the Android Gnucash app click on the 3 horizontal bars next to Accounts,
select Settings then Accounts and then Import Gnucash XML. Select the SD
card from the dropdown menu which is displayed when you touch the "down
arrow" symbol and then select Downloads folder and then the file you pasted
into the  Downloads folder and your CoA should be load. Mine just did

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens