Version Migration

C M Reinehr cmr0624 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 18:57:57 EDT 2017

I do something similar, working between my office PC & my home PC but I
use SpiderOakONE to backup & synchronize the two PC's. However, my
GnuCash file is an SQLite database and I found that SOO did not play
well with the GnuCash file, since GnuCash writes each transaction, one
at a time to the file. SOO then was seeing each new transaction as a
"new" file & trying to back it up resulting in a terrific number of
historical files in the SOO archive.

One way around this problem is to program the SOO program only to backup
files at certain times of the day, when you are not using GnuCash. What
I did was to write a simple script that copies the .gnucash directory
into a working directory which is not monitored by SOO & then when I
closed the program copy the resulting .gnucash directory back to where
SOO would see it.

Hope this helps!

CMR