Version Migration

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Aug 31 22:58:11 EDT 2017

> On Aug 31, 2017, at 2:36 PM, Mike or Penny Novack <stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com> wrote:
>

> I'm accomplishing that part by writing the sqlite3 file to Dropbox, which   etc. etc. (other discussion of backups)
>

> I have no familiarity with "small" version implementations of SQL << in my working days, it was mainframe SQL under the DB2 database manger >>
>
> Are folks saying that sqlite3 does NOT come with a backup/restore utility? I would think that at least somewhat strange.

Not a bit. I just pointed out that GnuCash doesn’t create backups with the SQL backend the way it does with the XML one.

As always the user should have automatic backups to separate media, including off-site, regardless of backend. With SQLite3 that can be done with a simple file copy as well as the usual SQL dump that one might use with a server database.

Regards,
John Ralls