Price editor updates only work when opening from CLI

Jeremy Foote jdfoote1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 11:06:19 EST 2017

I have a strange problem. I updated Finance::Quote, got my alphavantage API
key and updated /etc/gnucash/environment.

When I opened GC to try to update my securities to use alphavantage it did
not appear in the "other" list. To try to troubleshoot, I opened GC from
the command line. When I did that, alphavantage appeared, and I updated all
of my securities to use it and successfully updated the prices.

I then closed GC and opened it from the OS and tried to update prices again
and it failed! It looks like GC may be using one version of Finance::Quote
if I open it from the CLI and another if I open it from the OS?

This is on Ubuntu 17.10, GC 2.6.17, Finance::Quote 1.47