My GNUCash System Will Not Launch

David Reiser dbreiser at icloud.com
Fri Dec 1 22:16:10 EST 2017

Well, do you know what version you have? 2.6.1 was released in January 2014, and 2.6.18 should read any 2.6.x file easily. And I don’t think there were significant problems going from the last couple 2.4.x to 2.6.1.

The easiest way to find out is to make a copy of your DB. Download the newest version of gnucash, and try launching the new version. I’m pretty sure it’s going to try to open the last file you had open — that’s why you make a copy first.
--
Dave Reiser
dbreiser at icloud.com