Reconciliation Report

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Sat Dec 2 03:02:35 EST 2017

On 1/12/2017 08:06, Mike or Penny Novack wrote:
> Perhaps a more serious issue? Depending on what is meant by
> "reconciliation report".
>
> Rick, can you describe what your report is supposed to show?
Way back when I used Quicken for Mac, a reconciliation report on that
system showed:

Reconciliation Report
Reconcile balance as of <close of bank statement>

Bank Statement - Cleared Transactions
-------------------------------------
Previous balance
Checks & Payments
Deposits and other credits
Ending balance of bank statement

Your Records - Unreconciled Transactions
Cleared Balance
Checks & Payments
Deposits and other credits
Register balance as of <close of bank statement>
Checks & Payments (post close of bank statement)
Deposits and other credits(post close of bank statement)
Register ending balance (as of <close of bank statement>)

Unreconciled Transaction Detail Up To<close of bank statement>
<list of unreconciled transactions dated up to close of bank statement>

So, a list of any cheques or other payments made before close of the
statement and not yet cleared, deposits made before close of the
statement and not yet entered into the account and *any unexpected
differences between the register and the bank statement*.

The last one being, surely, the main motivation for doing the
reconciliation in the first place?

I'm not sure if that's quite what Rick was looking for, but that's what
I was getting from Quicken for Mac.

Peter