Mutual funds quote not working after moving to alphavantage

Andrea Beddoni andrea.beddoni at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 13:23:20 EST 2017

Thanks for the suggestion. Two questions:
1. How can I set mstaruk as a source in gnucash security editor? It works
if I run gnc-fq-dump mstaruk but I don't have it as a possible source in
gnucash
2. The quotes I get running gnc-fq-dump mstaruk are for the 12/08/17. Is
this correct?

Thanks for your help

On 9 December 2017 at 18:05, Richard Ullger <rullger at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/12/17 17:09, Andrea Beddoni wrote:
> > I have just switched to alphavantage on Gnucash 2.6.12 (Ubuntu 16.04)
> > The quotes for ETFs are retrieved (i.e. IGLS) even if with a value 1/100
> of
> > the actual (i.e 1.32 instead of 132), however the quotes for mutual funds
> > (i.e. GB00B4PQW151) are not retrieved.
> >
> > When trying to get the online quotes I get the message that Gnucash is
> > unable to retrieve quotes for all the funds
>
> Try mstaruk quote source for UK funds, except on a weekend when prices
> are 100 times too large (in pence).
>
> gnc-fq-dump mstaruk GB00B4PQW151
> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
>     symbol: GB00B4PQW151         <=== required
>       date: 12/08/2017           <=== recommended
>   currency: GBP                  <=== required
>       last: 190.12               <=\
>        nav: 190.12               <=== one of these
>      price: 190.12               <=/
>   timezone:                      <=== optional
>
> When downloaded during the week they are ok for use in gnucash (ie £1.9012)

Kind Regards,

Andrea Beddoni

<https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/andrea-beddoni/19/46b/470>