Cannot edit opening balance

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 03:17:55 EST 2017

I would suggest reading section 4.4 of the tutorial, where the issue regarding handling starting balance problems is addressed directly.
David

  On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 11:48, John R. Sowden<jsowden at americansentry.net> wrote:   My suggestion is to never use the opening balance in an accounting
system.  Instead, I create a series of General Journal entries, each
with about 5-6 transaction pairs, to cover all of the asset, liability
and equity accounts.  Works well.  I have learned over the decades that
the programmer does not want the user to edit the beginning balance once
it is entered.

John