Gnucash & macOS High Sierra.

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Dec 13 06:59:07 EST 2017

On Wednesday, 13 December 2017 11:39:10 GMT Pam Dooner wrote:
> yes, definitely 2.6.18. Just tried again and this time managed to get a
> pop-up saying "An error occurred while processing 0.99"
> I am trying to change all my decimal points to commas to coincide with the
> euro locale that I have to use now it seems. In the older versions, there
> was no issue with commas and points. I have UK accounts and european
> accounts so ought to be able to use both but this version (and the previous
> one) seem to cause the error if I try to use a decimal point. So I'll have
> to try to edit the file elsewhere and re-import it. I had hoped there might
> have been a way of globally changing all previous entries with a decimal
> point to commas. In the actual accounts, it has changed them all to commas
> but not in scheduled transactions!
> Pam

Hi Pam,

I believe that any version of GC would cause you grief in the situation you
describe.

I think I read on this list that the template transaction amounts in a
scheduled transaction are stored as alphanumeric strings, so if there is a
comma or decimal point in those, they really are those physical characters.

whereas, the numbers in the registers are stored as numbers, so the comma/
decimal point isn't stored as a physical character, software effectively puts
it  in automatically to make the numbers meaningful to a human as it displays
them.

I know it doesn't help your pain, but I thought it might offer some context.

Maf.